Thursday, November 22, 2012

Nature Fact of the Day: Chimps

I don't know how often I'll be doing this, but I think it's worth trying out. Not every post will come with a supporting video, but I'll try to find something when I can.

Today's fact:

Chimpanzees murder and eat the children of their neighbors. We totally need to ramp up our conservation efforts to keep these guys alive! Humans, on the other hand, are pure evil for flying planes into buildings.

Personally, I'd rather cause violence because the order of the cosmos as depicted in my religion depends on it than because my tummy's growling (see: not-starving), but that's just me.


3 comments:

  1. Applying human morality to animals is racist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morality is stupid. These animals should be dealt with in a manner similar to an asteroid or volcano, and morality never comes into play in the cases of either.

    I don't want to voice my moral outrage at these chimps for eating each other or demonstrate how what they're doing is "wrong," but I do want to note that it's an incredible waste from an energy standpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete